Many problems can be sovled by checking for the following causes.
- Check for phones off the hook
- Check for worn telephone cords
- Check for loose or broken phone jacks
- Check for stuck buttons on keypad
- Unplug all phones, then plug in and test each phone individually
If these solutions do not solve your problem, you may need to check outside the house at the network interface.
To test at the network interface:
1. Take a working, non-cordless phone to the telephone network interface box located on the outside of the house.
2. Plug the phone cord directly into the jack.
a. If dial-tone is present, fault is located inside the house.
b. If phone does not operate, please contact the Telephone Office for repair.